Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud Organization Admin Cert.

Sandra June 7, 2023

Hello everyone!

My name is Sandra, I am new to the Atlassian Community and University club but not to using JIRA. In fact, as a Senior Business Analyst & Quality Assurance Software Tester, I've always been a user of JIRA, whether it was creating and managing issuetypes such as Epic, Story, Bug etc.

In 2021 I used that experience and background knowledge to get buy-in from my then director, "Mike" to migrate from managing 13 Excel workbooks to managing our requirements in JIRA and Confluence workspace as our requirements documentation and collaboration tool, leaving SharePoint behind. I also got buy-in to procure custom charts app from Old Street Solutions to buildout the project Dashboard and JQL. I’ve granted user permissions, bulk change functions, imported those 13 workbooks, even training. JIRA could really improve upon the default apps & gadgets.

Today, I plan to build upon those skills even more so, I just purchased the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin certification/exam. It's only $100 for ACP-520 with 90 days to take the exam. Limited-time introductory price!

Here’s the link Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin Certification : Atlassian

Questions:

• Who's joining me on this journey?
  • Are you already certified as a JIRA Admin?
  • What are the exams like?

Nice to meet you!

Sandra

4 comments

Comment

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2023

Hi @Sandra  and welcome!

I've taken ACP 100, 120 and 600. I was trying to find a thread where people were sharing their experiences. But check out this one here.

HTH,
KGM

Like # people like this
Sandra June 7, 2023

Hello and thank you for sharing!

Like # people like this
Ron Skyberg June 8, 2023

Great journey story (especially about leaving Sharepoint behind 👍) !
Been using Jira pretty much from its early days as an end-user and now as the 'go to' for all things Jira/Confluence in our org. 
Not Cert'd yet, but I am thinking about it. 

Like # people like this
Sandra June 8, 2023

Good morning, Ron!

You're the man at your Org!

Let's make it official and study together to obtain our Atlassian JIRA Certifications.

Thanks for your response!

Sandra

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

Hi Sandra - I am in with you! I have 3 certifications and the tests are hard to be honest. Do lots of studying and use the sample questions when you find them. 

Like # people like this
Sandra June 8, 2023

Good afternoon, John!

Thank you for taking on my challenge! I'm in the process of drafting my study plan.

1. Draft a Study plan

2. Use JIRA FREE trainings/URLs / Blueprints from other ACP courses 

3. Download/access JIRA FREE workspace to build your Org. / Projects

4. Willing to share what I've learned

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2023

Great plan!

Like # people like this
Sandra June 15, 2023

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Update on my study plan:

1.  This week I plan to complete my Atlassian Cloud Organization E-learning.  The course is only $39 dollars on the Atlassian University website.

2. Drafting exam questions as I work through the course and additional trainings.

3.  Getting ideas & learning best practices for Building out my personal Jira Organizations, 

Reporting my updates helps to keep myself accountable, consistently learning and plus I'm unemployed or in between jobs right now.  So, I have time to plan, build, design, and learn. Sometimes it's hard to stay motivated though. Hey, I'm going to take my laptop & hotspot and go to the beach next week!!

I will keep y'all posted, thanks for chatting with me!

My Best,

Sandra

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events