Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-post: Getting SCRUM certified in Houston? Is it worth it?

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

Happy Thursday everyone!  This question was recently asked in the Houston, Tx community group and got some response but I thought it would also be good to "cross-post" here to perhaps drive a little more.  My hope is to add some broader perspective in order to bring in factors that might have not have surfaced before.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Houston/Getting-SCRUM-certified-in-Houston-Is-it-worth-it/gpm-p/1135612#M52%3Futm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest_notification&utm_content=topic

1 comment

Comment

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

I know this is an older post, but I personally really enjoyed the Certified Scrum Master training through the Scrum Alliance.  The course would be especially worth it if you could get your current employer to cover the cost.  I am a visual learner and really enjoyed the classroom setting of the course and interacting with peers from the software industry.

I would note that the test is 100% online and fairly easy to pass.  I would value the experience of attending the class, participating in the activities, and learning from peers over the certification badge.  I would also note some employer's seek the CSM certification in applicants.  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events