It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Confession time: how many of the sprint planning basics does your team do?

As part of the The Agile Coach - What is Scrum playlist, there is a video on Sprint Planning Basics

The 3-step process used at Atlassian involves:

1. Backlog grooming
  2. Sprint planning meeting (1 hour for every week of the sprint duration)
  3. Creating action items

Does this resemble what your team does?

Image result for question marks gif

I'd score my team X X X right now for following this process. That just means like many of you our agile adoption process is iterative!

How does your team plan sprints?

1 comment

Jimmy_Seddon Community Leader Oct 01, 2019

I work as a part of a team of three.  The work we do is 99% operations with 1% administrative overhead.  We tried following full Scrum and decided that for the size of team and how often our planned work can (and needs to be) interrupted for critical issues that a "ScrumBan/KanPlan" model was better suited for us.  We still do weekly backlog grooming, but we did away with sprint planning.  We order the tasks based on relative priority and due dates knowing that something may come along that could trump another task in the list and we regularly communicate with stakeholders about the various priorities so they know if something is going to slip due to something else.

So far it seems to be working well for us.

Like Kat_Warner__TechTime_ likes this

Kudos. IMO it's not just legitimate, but often preferred way to organize the work.

I've used, and brought to others, "ScrumBan" since, well about 3 decades before it was popularized with a name. There are some reasons why it works, and circumstance when it's the far better choice. I haven't written that article, yet.<g>

Like # people like this

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Where is my version 1.23 deployed? or How to manage multiple versions across multiple environments?

Introduction In this article we describe the complexity of managing release cycles of complex IT solutions that comprise of a number of Apps, Service and/or Microservices. In particular, we will tou...

293 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you