Jira 7 vs Jira 8 performance comparison II

Hi all,

as you can read my first version of performance comparison here then I'm comparing every new release. From performance view and my experience I don't think it's important if it's stable or EAP version.

When Atlassian released first news and features about Jira 8 there has been advertised many statements about significant performance improvements. So we at CoreIT s.r.o. did not let trust to him so much and we checked it out ourselves. :-)

How do we start

So I start with our testing instance of Jira with Data Generator for Jira by Atlassian Labs and start generating all of data like projects, isssues, comments, etc.

Here are instance data details which are used for our testing.

CPU4 vCPU
RAM (total / jvm, in GB)16 / 3
Count of issues:121000
Count of projects:160
Count of comments:583000
Count of custom fields:37

Testing

Then I started to work with copy of this instance and upgraded it to Jira 8.0 and testing  of performace started.

Then I made testing against 8.1 EAP03 with Java 11 (I know it's not in supported platforms documentation for now) where performance was worst than Jira 7 in some parameters.

And today I just checked same attributtes with Jira 8.2 EAP01 and here are results. It's better than 8.1 but in some parameters it's worst than Jira 8.0 with Java 8.

image.pngNext comparison will be made with 8.0 as refference version. Whats your experience with performance of Jira 8 or with migration to that version from any older version?

We are now working on upgrade of Jira instance with version 6.4.4 with one of our customers and with a lot of customizations and scripting - so we will share our experience when it will be done.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events