Getting to know Kemal, AUG Leader from Bosnia and Herzegovina

showcase.png 

Cheers to Kemal Bajramovic, our first ever AUG Leader to be Showcased. AUG Leaders are passionate experts who find time in their own busy lives to host Atlassian themed events to share tips, tricks and pints of beer with other users in their area. In this Showcase, you’ll learn more about Kemal, his Atlassian journey, and his experience as an AUG Leader from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Enjoy! 
Team.png

Bridget (B): Aside from being an AUG Leader, how else would you describe your experience with Atlassian products?
Kemal (K): I'm an IT product manager, taking care of product visioning, roadmap planning, product backlog management, testing shipped product increments and making release decisions for several state-level government systems here in Bosnia. On those projects, I have a role of Project Manager/Owner, taking care of the products and managing their value as well as working daily with all stakeholders involved. I help to maintain product vision and eliminate any waste in agile software development.
Most of my work relates to business requirements analysis. I do this by discovering, refining and prioritizing user requirements,  communicating them in the form of user stories and wire-frames with the outsourced development teams. I use Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Jira Agile, Service Desk, and Confluence). All communication outside of Scrum events is done through these tools. 

B: Why did you first become an AUG Leader?
K: When I started using Atlassian products some 6 years ago I was amazed how simple to use products like Jira Agile, Confluence and later Jira Service Desk; can make such a huge impact on team collaboration, knowledge management, and service provision. As I perform a role of Project/Product Manager working with the outsourced development teams; continuous online collaboration in an Agile software development context is essential for the success of the products. Atlassian products used integrated, as a communication and collaboration platform, enables me to do my work efficiently. 
Using these products I discovered how Atlassian also effectively support its user community by iteratively developed Atlassian documentation, ability to propose and vote for new features, peer support via Atlassian Answers (now Atlassian Community) and even extending to teamwork support through Atlassian Playbook team building activities. While everybody on the planet talks about business agility, "the voice of the customer," knowledge sharing and continuous learning, the importance of teamwork and camaraderie, etc. Atlassian actually does the right things. So, when I saw a chance to contribute to my own community and facilitate sharing and learning teamwork best practices here in Sarajevo, I signed in as an AUG Leader without any hesitation.

B: What is your favorite story from an Atlassian User Group meeting?
K: We've done only a couple of meetings so far, but at every meeting, we've heard about an interesting example of using Atlassian products. An interesting recent presentation was on how to use Trello as a product wishlist platform for business stakeholders. The Trello wishlists are then refined by the Product owner and communicated to the development team using Jira, with a status update available to business stakeholders in Trello. Another interesting example I heard was on how one government working group used Confluence to prepare a law proposal.

B: What's the best insight you've ever learned from an Atlassian User group meeting? 
K: Every meeting has a moment when a spark goes off in your mind and you recognize how your work context could benefit from the practice being presented. So the general insight is: Meeting and talking with people is a sort of best medicine for any problem.

B: What's your favorite memory of helping another user?
K: My goal is to help my colleagues understand that Atlassian tools are not meant to be used only by IT people, but business people as well. Using them sorts of break the walls between business and IT. My favorite moment was when I saw my non-IT colleagues raising and responding to Jira issues, contributing to Confluence spaces or handling Service desk requests; i.e. directly involving in the process of system development and maintenance.  

B: What do you do for fun outside of work? 
K: I love to learn new things and make experiments with practices, tools, and techniques I stumble upon. I'm always in search of better ways of managing complex and innovative projects and improving communication, collaboration, and co-creation of products. I'm a co-founder of the Bosnia Agile Association, with a team of agile enthusiasts volunteering their time to promote agile methodologies in software development and project management. I frequently do training on Scrum, both for software development teams and for business stakeholders. 
On the personal side, I'm happily married, a father of a 3 and half-year-old boy who just started to discover the world - so storytelling is my destiny. 
Thanks, Kemal!

If you have any questions for Kemal, please leave them in the comments section below. If you are interested in beginning or furthering your Atlassian User Group experience, click here.

4 comments

cassieACE
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 8, 2018

Thanks for sharing @Kemal Bajramovic and contributing to your community in Sarajevo!

Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 12, 2018

You're a legend @Kemal Bajramovic! Thank you for sharing your insights and highlighting the ways your local community uses our tools!

Kemal Bajramovic February 12, 2018

Hi @cassieACE and @Darline Auguste, thank you for your kind words. It's a pleasure to work with you!

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2018

Thanks for being a AUG leader @Kemal Bajramovic!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events