Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add license

Justin Morgan July 27, 2020

I installed the addon but part way thru the process to add the license I hit cancel. Now I am unable to add the license key. The buy button doesnt work. The expanded panel does not show anything and only expanses part way. I am unable to remove this addon. I went in and manually uninstalled the addon jar file but when I went thru install process again and used the trial license it seemed to work then I get back to the same status of a broken addon.

Do I need completely delete and recreate the database?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2020

Hello @Justin Morgan !

After reading your situation, I believe that there is a chance of the plugin installation data being corrupted in the database itself.

Since you were able to reinstall the addon, there is a chance that wiping the plugin cache might solve the issue. You can take a look at how to do it here:

Please, keep in mind that this procedure requires you to restart the instance. Scheduling some downtime for Confluence is advisable.

Now, if the above does not solve the situation, we can try looking into the database itself. While wiping the database and recreating it from the ground might work, we have a procedure that looks into this situation. What we will need to do is manually remove the plugin data from the database.

You can check this documentation about this procedure here:

As stated in the documentation itself, trying this fix on a test instance first would be the best approach. Also, creating a backup of your database is highly advisable. Excerpt from the document:

Always back up your data before performing any modifications to the database. If possible, test any alter, insert, update, or delete SQL commands on a staging server first.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events