You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have a task, which is linked to an epic, but in the Advanced Roadmap overview, it says it has no parent. How is this possible and how can it be solved?
Overview in Roadmap:
Details in the task:
We're using version 3.28.0
In addition to this question, I also notice that the Epic label isn't shown in the Active Sprint-screen, but when editing that item, you see that it has an epic linked
When you add an estimation or remove a comment of the ticket, the label is shown. I think it has something to do with caching.
Hi @[deleted] , and @Adriana EF ,
I'll try to help. Advanced Roadmaps plans are used to visualize your work in Jira. When you create a plan, you need to connect it to issue sources (board, project, JQL filter). In general, issues that live within the issue sources should appear in the plan. There could be different reasons why the epic isn't in the plan. Please go to the plan settings>issue sources and click edit. Make sure to:
1. The issue source where the epic lives is added to the plan
2. If the epic is assigned to a release, make sure that release is selected
3. In the "confirm what's in scope" make sure the epic is ticked
For more info - check out the video of how to create a plan in this article - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-articles/3-short-videos-to-help-you-get-started-with-Advanced-Roadmaps/ba-p/1439078
Please let me know if that helps,
Thank you Roi!
I setup our plan a while ago based on some boards. This issue was cause by an epic that was on another board, but with a shared initiative and component (which we use to define the board). I changed the issue source to the whole Project and the problem seems to be solved.