Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you bulk move issues (rank?)

Susan Stoba September 18, 2020

Right now it seems you can only move issues in terms of rank one at a time. Is there a way to move more than one at a time? For example we like to keep all of our In Progress stories/tasks at the top of an Epic/Initiative view. 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2020

@Susan Stoba -  Thanks to @Dave from Atlassian corrected my previous answer.  I have now learn the "BULK actions" button in the plan.  For some reasons, I missed seeing that option.

Again - thanks @Dave 

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

2020-09-20_8-44-58.png

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2020

No worries @Joseph Chung Yin - we really appreciate all the answers you provide to the community - and I understand that this is not necessarily an easily discoverable feature!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

@Susan Stoba yes, it is possible to bulk rank in Advanced Roadmaps. This is available in both the Cloud and Server versions.

Select the issues you wish to rank and the use the "Bulk actions" menu that is shown when issues are selected. 

In this menu there is a "Rank" option and you can rank to the top or bottom of the plan or above or below any other issue on the plan.

Let me know if you need any further help. If you're on Server and you're not seeing this menu option then you will need to upgrade to a later version.

Regards,

Dave 

Susan Stoba September 21, 2020

Hooray! Thank you so much!

Like Dave likes this
0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

@Susan Stoba - I don't believe so you can select multiple issues and bulk move them in the plan.  However, you should go back to your plan source (i.e. - Scrum boards backlog view, and bulk move issues for re-ranking them).  After the action, your plan will reflect the changes.  

I know it is not ideal, but this is the only way I know how to.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Dave
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2020

@Joseph Chung Yin thanks for providing an answer but unfortunately you're incorrect in this instance as bulk rank is available in plans (please see the answer I've provided)

Regards,

Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events