Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlas goals in Jira Software Cloud timeline and plans

image-20231208-035349.png

Hi everyone!

Recently, we announced a more streamlined experience where Atlas for Jira Cloud app is auto-installed and enabled on free and standard instances.

We’re pleased to introduce new integration points between Jira Software and Atlas in plans and on your timeline.

View linked goals in your plans

image-20231208-025816.png

Go big-picture and get into the nitty-gritty details in a glance with the new Goals field on your timeline. Hovering over the goal will show more details as well as linking to the Atlas goal page.

You can also also filter and group-by goals.

image-20231208-025816.png

Please note: for the time being, Jira Software Premium customers will need to add Atlas and connect the Atlas for Jira app to their instance to show Goals on plans.

View linked goals in your Jira Software project timeline

Filtering by Goals will show you all Jira issues linked to those Goals.

image-20231208-033617 (1).png

Control Goals visibility on your Jira Software project

All linked goals to a Jira Software project can be easily viewed from the left navigation by clicking on the goals tab. This navigation item can be hidden by the project admins by switching off the Goals feature in Project Settings > Features.

image-20231208-033750.png

We love hearing about how you’re using Atlas and Jira Software together. If you have feedback about how you’d like the two products to work together better, please do let us know.

15 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2023

@Irene Spark joy! ✨

Like # people like this
ganna_kyselevych December 18, 2023

Goals section doesn't workimage.png

Fitzgerald_ Jeffrey January 4, 2024

I am seeing the Link Goals on the Epics, but not in the Plans or Timeline views.  Further under the Features Section in Project Settings - I am not seeing a block for Goals.  Is there a difference between Company Managed Projects and Team Managed Projects?

Like Jessica Müller likes this
Ben Gallant January 8, 2024

We'll use it if I can disable the "questions" feature. :) 

Irene
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2024

@ganna_kyselevych , if this issue still persists can you please try the following:

• Go to top left of Jira site where you can switch between different Atlassian products, and go to Atlas. Make sure you are in Atlas and can view the different goals there
  • Come back to Jira project Goals section

Hopefully that resolves it. Please let me know if it does or doesn't as we can look into making that experience better.

Irene
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2024

@Fitzgerald_ Jeffrey , can you please make sure that the Atlas for Jira Cloud app is installed and enabled for your instance? You can follow the steps here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-jira-cloud-with-atlas/

Also, no - both Company Managed and Team Managed projects will have Link Goals and Goals on the sidebar. 

Irene
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2024

@Ben Gallant which "questions" feature is it that you are referring to?

Mikael Helldén January 12, 2024

It would be nice to have a site setting for the visibility of the Goals link. We do have Atlas on our site, but only for a very limited amount of users (for now 😉), so most users just get to an empty page with a "loading" thingy, and then a message that something went wrong. Yes, we could tell our project admins to disable it, or even use the API, but with hundreds of projects, I would just be nice to have a site setting for this. 😊

Like # people like this
ganna_kyselevych January 18, 2024

@Irene unfortunately, nothing has changed.

Like Maryna.Shulga likes this
Irene
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2024

Hi @ganna_kyselevych , sorry to hear that it's still not working. Can I confirm that the part that is no loading for you is the "Link goals" section inside Jira issue view? 

If so, can you please make sure that the Atlas for Jira Cloud app is installed and enabled for your instance? You can follow the steps here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-jira-cloud-with-atlas/ . This app is crucial for it to work. 

Otherwise, can you please lodge a Jira support ticket and they will be able to access your instance to find out more about what's happening. 

Thanks Ganna for your patience!

Irene
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2024

@Mikael Helldén , thanks for that suggestion!

Can I confirm how you want to see it in Site Setting?

• Is it 1 toggle that will turn ON or OFF for ALL projects, or
  • Do you still want to be able to configure it project-by-project but from one single place? 

Thanks!

Maryna.Shulga
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2024

Doesn't work. 
"Goals" on left panel: 

Looks like you haven't linked any goals to work in your Jira project yet
But there are goals linked to epics in jira. 
Configuration isn't intuitive, I spent 8h still no result. 
Expected to have goals as a separate column of timeline graph as I saw on designs, not only filters. Still don't understand hierarchy of goals. The product seems super-uncompleted

Like # people like this
Mikael Helldén February 23, 2024

@Irene, I haven't thought that much about it, but I believe that it would be nice to have a global on/off switch, and then the possibility to override in the project settings. The question then would be how to handle the case of "global off/team on"... Maybe a project setting that only site admins can manage? Tricky question! The outcome should be that users don't end up seeing a dead link anyway. :)

Like Nicole Griffin likes this
Karen June 3, 2024

@Irene ,  How do you see goals and projects aligning with the Safe framework?

We are currently evaluating a change to our Jira hierarchy to align more with Safe and I want to get thoughts on Atlas being part of that change.  Does this make sense?

Goal = Strategic Theme

Project = Portfolio Epic (Objective) - collection of Epics 

Katherine Ivey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2024

I have goal parents and subgoals, can we group by in Advanced plans so we can see the hierarchy?

Like Jared Polman likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events