I use Advanced Roadmap and I feel some behaviour issues in the user interface. could you try to improve these?
windows 10, Chrome
1. when I clik on the summary of a issue, a popup appears with the summary and descrption fields
-please add the possibility to add a new Comment to the issue and put the focus on that field (carret in edit mode inside the Comment text field)
-if no comment possible, please make the focus in edit mode directly on the description field (this will save 1 click)
2. when I create a new issue by clicking on the 3 dots button (...), the input text field does not receive focus in edit (not every time). So I start typing in nowhere. this is very annoying. this could be very easy to solve
3. when I create many issues (while planning), I really need to be able to move issues from level up and level down. So changing the hierarchy. I know this means changing the issue type in the Jira world, but this should be possible without a prompt. Maybe using only Parent Link relations is an option. We could manage to rebuild Epic links with an Automation rule
4. add a filtering option based on 'Priority'
5. add any multi-line text field in the columns (native or custom field). Edit can be done with a popup similar to the Summary+description popup (see 1)
As a general concern, the possibility to add new hierarchies like Initiatives and Themes is a great advantage, as well as the Advanced Roadmap app. But we still have to cope with the legacy (and clumsy) hierarchy relationships where we have various and non coherent relations between sub-task link, Epic link and Parent link... this is crazy!
thanks in advance
As Joseph and Dave have mentioned, for suggestions and feature requests I'd recommend getting in touch with us through the "Give feedback" button in the top right of your plan, or through https://support.atlassian.com/
I wanted to also take a moment to address your last paragraph about the issue hierarchy in Jira. "this is crazy!" - I hear you and we completely agree. There's a team of us here at the moment dedicated to unifying the Jira hierarchy into a much more coherent and consistent experience, moving away from the clumsy mess of relationship types that currently exists. You can read a bit more about what we're doing here.
As you can imagine, with the issue hierarchy being such a core experience in Jira, this is work that has to be done with incredible care so that we don't break any data or experiences that currently exist. This makes it quite slow moving work and I'm unfortunately not in a position to share any sort of timeline at this stage, however I just wanted to drop in to assure you that it is being actively worked on!
If you are open to using a Marketplace app for an improved user experience, you may want to have a look at Move and Organize for Jira that allows for really quick recursive/multi-select/drag-n-drop move actions and automatic conversion to different hierarchy levels/issuetypes. Its also great for quickly building up new tree hierarchies with the continuous create function. It has native zoom/scrolling capability as well to help you overview and manage larger structures better.
The latest version supports Advanced Roadmaps projects and many-level hierarchies (without making any app-specific customizations on your project - it is fully backwards compatible with Advanced Roadmaps).
Video showcase here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICbPIPpeijY
With best regards,
Disclosure: I am a representative of the company offering this solution
We know that great teams require amazing project management chops. It's no surprise that great teams who use Jira have strong project managers, effective workflows, and secrets that bring planning ...