Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestion to improve GUI

VINCENT DUPONT September 16, 2022

hello

I use Advanced Roadmap and I feel some behaviour issues in the user interface. could you try to improve these?

windows 10, Chrome

1. when I clik on the summary of a issue, a popup appears with the summary and descrption fields

-please add the possibility to add a new Comment to the issue and put the focus on that field (carret in edit mode inside the Comment text field) 

-if no comment possible, please make the focus in edit mode directly on the description field (this will save 1 click)

2. when I create a new issue by clicking on the 3 dots button (...), the input text field does not receive focus in edit (not every time). So I start typing in nowhere. this is very annoying. this could be very easy to solve

3. when I create many issues (while planning), I really need to be able to move issues from level up and level down. So changing the hierarchy. I know this means changing the issue type in the Jira world, but this should be possible without a prompt. Maybe using only Parent Link relations is an option. We could manage to rebuild Epic links with an Automation rule

4. add a filtering option based on 'Priority'

5. add any multi-line text field in the columns (native or custom field). Edit can be done with a popup similar to the Summary+description popup (see 1)

As a general concern, the possibility to add new hierarchies like Initiatives and Themes is a great advantage, as well as the Advanced Roadmap app. But we still have to cope with the legacy (and clumsy) hierarchy relationships where we have various and non coherent relations between sub-task link, Epic link and Parent link... this is crazy!

thanks in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2022

Hi @VINCENT DUPONT

As Joseph and Dave have mentioned, for suggestions and feature requests I'd recommend getting in touch with us through the "Give feedback" button in the top right of your plan, or through https://support.atlassian.com/

I wanted to also take a moment to address your last paragraph about the issue hierarchy in Jira. "this is crazy!" - I hear you and we completely agree. There's a team of us here at the moment dedicated to unifying the Jira hierarchy into a much more coherent and consistent experience, moving away from the clumsy mess of relationship types that currently exists. You can read a bit more about what we're doing here. 

As you can imagine, with the issue hierarchy being such a core experience in Jira, this is work that has to be done with incredible care so that we don't break any data or experiences that currently exist. This makes it quite slow moving work and I'm unfortunately not in a position to share any sort of timeline at this stage, however I just wanted to drop in to assure you that it is being actively worked on!

Cheers,

Daniel

VINCENT DUPONT September 28, 2022

Hello Daniel,

thanks for the info about the future changes in the hierarchy. this looks promising.

Vincent

0 votes
Erik Unemyr_EMERGENCE September 20, 2022

Hi Vincent,

If you are open to using a Marketplace app for an improved user experience, you may want to have a look at Move and Organize for Jira that allows for really quick recursive/multi-select/drag-n-drop move actions and automatic conversion to different hierarchy levels/issuetypes. Its also great for quickly building up new tree hierarchies with the continuous create function. It has native zoom/scrolling capability as well to help you overview and manage larger structures better.

Support Standard Screenshot.png

The latest version supports Advanced Roadmaps projects and many-level hierarchies (without making any app-specific customizations on your project - it is fully backwards compatible with Advanced Roadmaps).

Video showcase here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICbPIPpeijY 

With best regards,

Erik

Disclosure: I am a representative of the company offering this solution

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 4, 2022

@Erik Unemyr_EMERGENCE Please ensure that you have thoroughly read our Marketplace and Solution Partner guidelines. If you are looking to promote your app, please request permission in the thread and present your affiliation in your username. For example, by placing the name of your company in your user name in {curly brackets} or -dashes-

Although you are welcome to offer your product as a solution when appropriate, this doesn't mean posting links everywhere that you can find or promoting your app in threads that are not relevant. 

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

@VINCENT DUPONT -

For product enhancement, you should submit your ask by contacting Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com).

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @VINCENT DUPONT , I'm suggesting you to raise an official support request with Atlassian via the following URL: JPOCLOUD 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events