Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't the Team field auto-populated in Advanced Roadmaps when the issue is assigned to a Sprint?

Nyssa Watkin September 10, 2020

In my Plan view I want to be able to see which teams are assigned to which issues and not have to do this manually.

Is there a way this field can be auto-populated based on the following:

a) When the issue is assigned to a Sprint on the board of a given team (Shared Team has been assigned a Board as their issue source)

or

b) When assigned to a team member of a given team

Is this possible or does this functionality not exist?

It's very tedious and manual to have to assign at Plan level all stories/tasks when you have several hundred in the backlog!

3 answers

1 vote
Kinjal Patel December 21, 2020

I achieved this thru JIRA automation. Since there is no Teams field available in the list, you'll need to use JSON object to specify this custom field. Here is the syntax that I am using.

{"fields": {"customfield_10700": "17"}}

where "customfield_10700" represents the Teams field in my setup. You'll need admin to find the right id and then apply it to your automation rule.

"17" represents one of the team ids that exists in my system.

Lacy Saute December 21, 2020

Thanks Kinjal! Where do I find the team ID? Team ID is not the same as the name, correct?

Kinjal Patel December 23, 2020

Yep. There you go. Hopefully you got this all figured out and you're up and running.

0 votes
Jenn Sherman September 10, 2020

I've just started using Adv Roadmaps and I noticed this as well.  I'm planning to add an automation so that on issue creation, the team field is set.  You could do something similar.  It would be nice if there was some other way to do this.

Yes I was looking in to this. However, my plan includes 20 project spaces so just a bit of a nightmare to create!

Like Karl Hamilton likes this
Lacy Saute December 16, 2020

@Jenn Sherman did you find a way to automate this? I haven't found a way to do this yet.

Elliot Gates December 21, 2020

I'm also looking into this. I'm unable to find the 'Team' field in the automation screen, so its not possible to trigger something to set it. 

I could do a bulk update on all the issues now, but that would not solve this for future issues.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

Because you shouldn't need to - a sprint is defined by the board it is on, and a board is a team artifact, so you can infer team from the sprint automatically.  The individual issue should not be assigned to a team, it should have a single person responsible for it.

But in Advanced Roadmaps it has the function to Group by Teams so if I want to group by Team I need the team field populated...

Like # people like this
Kinjal Patel September 28, 2020

I'm also looking for a way to do this. Defeats the purpose of grouping the issues by Team.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events