Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to access the Advanced Roadmap Team field in a JQL Query in Jira Cloud?

Deleted user September 22, 2020

I have a Project with separate team boards within the project. I would like to set the Board filter to have only the issues associated with the team.  I have added the Team field into the issue field configuration, so selecting the team is working fine.  But the team field is always a hidden field in a JQL query, so I can't use it.

In Portfolio this worked fine by setting the Team = <TeamID>.  Since the Team field is hidden I have no way to determine the ID.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

It is possible, but I completely agree that this can be a challenge. As you'll see in this screenshot if you start constructing a JQL query you will get "Team" as an option (and in this case we actually have multiple team fields so you have to choose the right one, and this unfortunately is not always obvious - 

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.05.12 am.png

In the screenshot it's actually the 2nd option. Once you have selected the field then you should start to see options that you recognise from your plans:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.05.30 am.png

And once you've selected a team you can use it in the filter:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.05.40 am.png

So whilst it is possible, I completely agree that it is not necessarily intuitive.

We actually are using boards exactly as you describe with multiple teams working working on a single project and each having their own board.

I hope this helps, let me know if you're seeing something different in your filter view then please let me know,

Regards,

Dave

Deleted user September 22, 2020

Dave,

Thanks for the explanation!  You are right that is not very intuitive, but once I selected the 2nd option (which was to the right of the first, not below) I was able to get the proper Team Id.

Like Dave likes this
GoodWhale Admin February 15, 2021

@Dave Apparently I have a similar issue but I only have one "Team" option. So it can't be that I selected the wrong "Team" auto complete. Shall I key in an ID (which I guessed), it was able to filter out a specific team. Can you assist with this?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2021

@GoodWhale Admin When you're building the JQL you should be able to start typing the team name and it should appear as an option in the drop-down menu... it only gets converted to a number once you select it. Are you not seeing this?

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 10.01.35 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 10.02.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 10.02.31 AM.png

Yup, am not getting that drop-down. To be sure, teams were already created in the Advance Roadmap. Not sure if I got anything wrong?

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2021

Thanks for sharing those screenshots @GoodWhale Admin that helps a lot...

The reason you can't see those teams in the JQL is because they have not been shared. This means that the teams scoped to the plan and are not visible outside of that plan.

From the meatball menu (in the top-right corner of each team card) you can select the option "Share"

This will make it possible to import the same team into other plans (although the team data is still plan scoped) and it will mean that you can find that team using JQL and the team name will be shown on issue screens.

Give sharing those teams a try and they should appear in your JQL searches.

Regards,

Dave

Like GoodWhale Admin likes this

Oh yes you are right. Guess I need to work harder to understand what "Shared Team" means. Thanks.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2021

This is actually something that we recognise as being quite confusing and is something I'm looking into at the moment so your question is quite timely!

It would be interesting to know what your expectations for a shared team would be (as I'm guessing that it might not be what you expect!)

I'm trying to understand how people want to use shared teams and also if there is a need to plan-scoped teams (i.e. situations where you want to reduce the visibility / discoverability of a team and to have team attributes that are specific to the plan that they appear in).

If you have any thoughts on this that you'd like to share, then I'd be really keen to hear them!

Regards,

Dave

Like # people like this
Mick Might July 29, 2021

I would like to generate a report showing me the team member's names of all Shared Teams in my organisation.

I cannot find a way to do this using JQL.

Any pointers of how to do this would be great (including a sample SQL query I can run on the console) as a temporary workaround until a report is available to use. 

Like Eric Duivenvoorden likes this
Alexey Garkavcev June 8, 2023

Hi,

Let me jump in regarding the "Shared Teams" functionalities

1. I was afraid to use them in very big Enterprise Jira entity, because a lot of people has access to Plans, and someone can suddenly delete of modify my "Shared Team", it will ruin a lot of setup done in project specific plan. So first points is security, there is possibility to limit "Shared teams management" permission, however I think these teams also need an Owner field, to better control changes inside the team.

delete_team.png

2. In big Enterprise Jira, if every team will create a "Shared team" it will be to much of them, some kind of grouping Shared teams is good to have

3. We have to switch to "Shared Team" anyway, because Plan specific team can't be modified via bulk, and not possible to include team field in any automation rules.

Main usefull improvement with Team field - would be possibility to quickly assing it via bulk, or automate value depending on certain criterias.
issue_created.png

bulk_change.png

If Plan specific team can be used in both scenarios, it would increase their usability a lot, and reduce need to make team as a Shared entity.

Right now both cases are applicable only for Shared team

Thank you for consideration!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events