• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to access the Advanced Roadmap Team field in a JQL Query in Jira Cloud?

I have a Project with separate team boards within the project. I would like to set the Board filter to have only the issues associated with the team.  I have added the Team field into the issue field configuration, so selecting the team is working fine.  But the team field is always a hidden field in a JQL query, so I can't use it.

In Portfolio this worked fine by setting the Team = <TeamID>.  Since the Team field is hidden I have no way to determine the ID.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2020

Hi @Gene Curtis ,

It is possible, but I completely agree that this can be a challenge. As you'll see in this screenshot if you start constructing a JQL query you will get "Team" as an option (and in this case we actually have multiple team fields so you have to choose the right one, and this unfortunately is not always obvious - 

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.05.12 am.png

In the screenshot it's actually the 2nd option. Once you have selected the field then you should start to see options that you recognise from your plans:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.05.30 am.png

And once you've selected a team you can use it in the filter:

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.05.40 am.png

So whilst it is possible, I completely agree that it is not necessarily intuitive.

We actually are using boards exactly as you describe with multiple teams working working on a single project and each having their own board.

I hope this helps, let me know if you're seeing something different in your filter view then please let me know,

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the explanation!  You are right that is not very intuitive, but once I selected the 2nd option (which was to the right of the first, not below) I was able to get the proper Team Id.

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

Introducing Advanced Roadmap’s new dependency report

To see this feature in action check out our recent dependencies demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu5VsUqyZA Keeping on top of your dependencies is a key part of ensuring project success....

128 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you