Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are TEAM values from a Portfolio Plan not showing in Jira Issue search?

Adidas AG March 4, 2021

We are on Jira Server 8.13.1 and Advanced Roadmaps 3.29.2 and facing the following issue:

• teams are defined in Portfolio and assigned to Epics & stories. Data is synced to Jira
  • in Jira issue search only a few teams show up - many are not available and a search like project = "S4 Program" and Team = "S4 (Primary) Data Team" doesnt return any row
  • in some cases this query returns rows : project = "CRM Agile " and Team = 662

We would need to filter on Portfolio teams on Scrum boards. Any idea how to get this information ?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Adidas AG ,

Only Shared Teams are returned in JQL searches (and will render as a number representing the ID, such as in your example)

Adidas AG March 15, 2021

Thx much. This solved indeed my issue.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Adidas AG ,

I agree with @Michael Andolfatto here... what you're describing suggests that only some of your teams have been shared.

When you first create a team in a plan it is *only* scoped to that plan and when you assign that team to an issue it will appear in the Jira issue screen as "Plan specific team" (rather than the actual team name) and it won't be able to use it in a JQL query.

In order to share a team you need to make sure that the team has been committed (i.e. after creating within a plan you use the "Review Changes" dialog and save to Jira) and then you can use the "Share" menu item from the meatball menu (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.12.52 am.png

You can also create shared teams directly from the "View shared teams" page accessed from the main "Plans" menu in the top navigation bar.

One thing I'm particularly interested in is your general use of teams and whether or not you were aware of the sharing capability (and especially what your expectations would be for a shared team). 

We're looking at improving the way that teams work within Advanced Roadmaps at the moment so any insights you can provide would be very valuable,

Regards,

Dave

Adidas AG March 15, 2021

Thx Dave,

I was aware of the sharing option but not that this controls the appearance of teams in Jira Team field :) - fortunately a colleague of mine could answer this question as well.

Honestly we are currently looking into Advance Roadmaps' capabilities in many different teams and organizations. There is no global usage yet but teams start to like it more and more.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Thanks for getting back to me @Adidas AG - that's good to know. If you have any more feedback on how you start to make use of teams then I'd really like to hear it.

Some of the changes we're going to be making should make the discoverability of Shared Teams easier.

Regards,
Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events