Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the impact of configuring the availability of team members in advanced roadmap (cloud)?

Meital Adir March 16, 2021

Hi,

What is the use of Team member global availability configuration? and setting weekly working hours per team member in the share team management?

I didn't see that it reflected in the capacity of the team or anywhere else in the plan. 

I would like to see workload per team member - capacity vs. actual allocation, is that possible?

Thanks,

Meital

2 answers

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

I believe it is legacy functionality from the old (Portfolio) UI. It does nothing.....currently.

I'd like to think in the future what you are after will be possible with Advanced Roadmaps.

Fingers Crossed!!

Thanks @Curt Holley 

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Meital Adir,

As @Curt Holley says, this configuration related to the Live Plans interface that has now been deprecated and will be removed from Cloud after July 2021. At this point these parts of the team UX will be removed from the Shared Teams page.

We are focused a lot around teams in Advanced Roadmaps at the moment and are looking at the individual capacity management features that we want to reintroduce into the new interface and it is likely that some (but not all) of the global availability features will be reintroduced. However, it's unlikely that those changes will be reintroduced before Live Plans is removed. 

I'd be really interested in your specific use cases for individual capacity management to understand exactly what use cases you're trying to address. For example are you looking to address planned absences (e.g. vacations), contribution to multiple teams, secondments between teams, different abilities of team members, different working hours of team members, etc? We're really keen to understand the problems that our customers are trying to solve, so any additional information you can provide would be incredibly helpful!

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi @Dave , thanks for your reply.

We are interesting in capacity planning per team member to plan vacations, absence of team member during the sprint or different working hours of team members will be helpful when team leaders are planning their team sprint. 

The view of workload per team member will be much needed and will help to see if a team member is over allocated, and what are the tasks each member assigned to. 

Thanks,

Meital

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

Thanks for sharing that information @Meital Adir - it's incredibly helpful for us!

Rory Standley March 15, 2022

Are there any updates on the progress of this?

Like Karin_Gleichauf likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events