Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View previous versions of advanced plans

Vallen Tousis March 30, 2021

Im looking for a way to track how my orgs advanced plan has changed over time.

1 answer

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Vallen Tousis

Realistically the only way to do this at the moment is to take snapshots of the plan using the Export CSV feature (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/sharing-and-exporting-plan-data-998651329.html )

At some point in the future we would also like to provide the ability to export the plan as an image (which you could use to visually compare) but unfortunately I can't commit to when we will be able to deliver that feature,

Regards,

Dave

Ollie Reid April 1, 2021

I'm running into this issue right now.  I ran an Auto-schedule today and it broke a bunch of dates.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Ollie Reid,

Can you provide a bit more context on how it broke then dates.... in theory there are a couple of levels of protection for this. Firstly you have to actively accept the auto-scheduling suggestion and then you need to save the changes from your scenario back to the rest of Jira.

So in theory you could have either cancelled the auto-scheduling or discarded the changes? I'm guessing that in this instance you didn't notice until it was too late and you now want to compare with a previous version of the plan and restore the previous date values?

The changes made should be in the change history of each issue, but depending on the size of your plan that could be an arduous task to recover those dates.

So in this case is the goal not just to be able to compare with a previous version of the plan but actually to be able to import or restore the data?

Regards,
Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events