Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View cross-project release in a single Release row

Ivan October 5, 2022

I work on a project (Project 1) with some dependencies with another project (project 2).

To make it easier to manage I have created a cross-project release and a plan that includes both projects filtering the relevant tasks for Project 1 from Project 2.

The problem is that in the plan I don't see how to group the tickets in the same release. Although I have a cross project release in the plan I see the two individual releases for each project, making it kind of useless, duplicating initiatives and making it very hard to see the dependencies.

xkWKOqvIn the example I have:

• An initiative of Project1 with an Epic for each project
  • Everything  assigned to the same cross-project release
  • Epic from Project 1 has a dependency from Project2

I want to have both epics under the same release and be able to see the dependency. Having cross-project releases and then seeing them in separate releases is not very useful.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2022

Hello @Ivan

Thank you for reaching out.

Although the way cross-project releases are displayed on the Advanced roadmap view is designed as intended, we understand that it might not fit some scenarios.

Unfortunately, that view can not be changed today, so we created the following feature request to consider the implementation of a different layout for Advanced roadmaps, where a cross-project release can be grouped into a single swimlane instead of two:

Grouping Cross project releases into a single swimlane

Feel free to vote and watch this suggestion to increase its priority and receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Ivan October 5, 2022

Thank you for the answer Petter. Hope it get implemented in the near future.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events