Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

View Sprints on Advanced Roadmaps

I've been trying to make the sprints show on the plan timeline, like in the screenshot below, but it is not working. 

Understanding sprints | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Data Center and Server  3.29 | Atlassian Documentation

I've checked other posts in the community and the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/displaying-capacity-in-a-plan-974360323.html but it didn't work. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 17.30.46.png

Can anyone please help? Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Andre Franchini,

Have a look at the issue sources of your plan through plan settings (the cog next to your plan's name) -> Issue sources.

Make sure that you are importing issues into your plan from a scrum board, not a project or a filter. If that is not the case, update your issue sources to your scrum board instead.

Next, under view settings group your issues either by sprint or team to display sprints on the timeline. An alternative may be to switch the views selector (towards the top right of your screen) to sprint capacity management instead of basic view.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_, but the issues were imported from a board originally. And when I change the view as suggested by you the sprints still don't appear on the timeline (as per my screenshot above). Not sure what else is missing. 

The board is a scrum board (not a kanban board) and your sprints are actually created from that very same board?

And the projects on your board are company-managed projects?

If you can answer yes on both those questions, can you share a screenshot of your issue source configuration and the scope view of your plan?

Yes @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_, we use scrum boards and the sprints are created from this board. The projects are 'company-managed software'. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.44.40.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.45.55.png

Apparently, all your issues are unassigned (so not linked to a team). And maybe your teams are not assigned to a board either (an association you can define on the teams page in your plan).

Could you verify if your sprints start popping up after you associate issues with a team?

0 votes
Curt Holley Community Leader Jun 03, 2021

Are you on Cloud, or DC? As the link pertains to DC.

Yes, I had a look @Curt Holley but after making the capacity visible and grouping by teams I still don't see the sprints in the timeline. What else am I missing?

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 11.44.50.png

Curt Holley Community Leader Jun 07, 2021

@Andre Franchini Have you associated each team with their board as an issue source?

asb.png

Filipi Lima Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2021

@Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ Hi Walter!

I got a quick question - the Issue Source needing to be A board - is that documented somewhere?

Got a client which faced the same issue and I found the solution here with you.

Cheers,

Filipi Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

☕️ Monday coffee with Jexo: Weekly Atlassian news roundup | 21st June 2021

Hi community 👋, as every Monday we're bringing you a quick update on what happened in the Atlassian ecosystem last week. There were a few interesting events like for example the announcement of th...

56 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you