Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket in Jira backlog (PB) is not showing in Advanced Roadmaps 'Sprint view' 'Unassigned' section

Karl Hamilton December 11, 2020

We have some tickets in Jira product backlog not assigned to a sprint - the tickets were in previous sprints but were not completed - their status is 'To do'.  The tickets are not assigned to any release.

When I switch to sprint view in advanced roadmaps the tickets do not show in the 'Unassigned' section - Why not?  I thought in sprint view 'unassigned' was the product backlog?

When i switch to release view the tickets do show in unassigned as expected.

I hope that just because the ticket was included in previous sprints (not 'done') it is not excluded from appearing in the product backlog?   Shouldn't the product backlog rows in jira match the advanced roadmaps Group by sprint 'Unassigned' rows?

AR PB not match Jira 1.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2020

Hi @Karl Hamilton,

As those issues have been part of previous sprint/s, I expect those sprints are still associated with those tickets.

That's how Jira works: they have been assigned to a sprint, so that association remains. If you assign the issues to another sprint, you will see they'll have multiple values in the sprint custom field.

Unassigned in Advanced Roadmaps means they would have no value. Computers have a rather binary way of interpreting those things, so they are usually right ;-). Your issues don't appear as unassigned to sprints as that is simply not true. 

Karl Hamilton December 13, 2020

Thanks for coming back Walter.

I understand what you are saying but it’s quite a worry as potentially the jira backlog does not match sprint view unassigned.

unresolved/unstarted issues could slip through the net in advanced roadmaps backlog refinement.   

Is it not please possible for the advanced roadmaps ‘unassigned’ sprint view product backlog to exactly match jira?  

Thats what a product owner expects....  cheers 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events