Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threat ID shows as Unsupported in Advanced Roadmaps

Thayne Munson September 28, 2020

I am trying to define Threat ID as a custom field in Advanced Roadmaps.  It shows as 'Unsupported'.  The field is defined and working fine in Jira.  What else do I need to do in order for Threat ID to be 'Supported'.  If it cannot be supported, what other options do i have to support this important Risk field.  Threat ID screenshot.PNG

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

Hi @Thayne Munson ,

We would actually like to provide support for multi-line text fields in the future but this is not on our short term roadmap at the moment. 

One of the challenges we have is in finding a design pattern that works well to support multi-line data (see also the main description). Our current design is to restrict each issue to a single row of the plan in order to fit as many issues into view as possible (FYI we recognise that the header takes up too much space and reduces the number of issues that are visible and do plan to do something about that).

This isn't to say that this is an insurmountable problem but at the moment providing support for this custom field is not a high priority for us. I appreciate that this isn't the answer you're hoping for, but I just wanted to be as honest as possible and set your expectations realistically.

The only option at the moment is to view the issue details page directly and view the field there, or alternatively use a single-line custom text field which is supported in plans.

Regards,
Dave 

Mauricio GALVEZ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2023

Thank you dave looking forward to have some alternatives !

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Multi-line text fields cannot be added to roadmaps as measurable data because they're not measurable.  What metrics could you get from "The pen of my aunt is in the garden" to compare with "my cat's breath smells of cat food", for example?

0 votes
Thayne Munson December 4, 2023

I created a new field called 'Thread Identification' that is a label type field.  Advanced Roadmaps accepted that format.  

Thayne Munson

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events