Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Subtask not inheriting the team value from user story in the Plan

I have 7 Scrum Teams and I have assigned one user story each to 7 Scrum teams. When I see the Subtask the team field value is not getting inherited from User Story. Does anyone have a solution?

1 answer

Based on my understanding there are plugins available to do this (JMWE ). Alternatively, if the Team/you are creating all the sub-task for each User story, my suggestion would be to use the check box "create another" on the bottom right corner of Create issue dialog box. This will reduce the effort of adding the same field value every time. 

Also, if a User story is part of a Team(Board), i do not see the necessity of having the Team field to be filled for the subtask( but only required for the parent issue).

create_anotherCheckbox.PNG

Hi Jai,

I am using this Team field for reporting to identify how many user stories or sub-task each team has. But when I remove the Team name and add it back and save it is inheriting. When any user makes any updates to the subtask after that the Team values are removed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

100 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you