Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Subtask not inheriting the team value from user story in the Plan

I have 7 Scrum Teams and I have assigned one user story each to 7 Scrum teams. When I see the Subtask the team field value is not getting inherited from User Story. Does anyone have a solution?

1 answer

Based on my understanding there are plugins available to do this (JMWE ). Alternatively, if the Team/you are creating all the sub-task for each User story, my suggestion would be to use the check box "create another" on the bottom right corner of Create issue dialog box. This will reduce the effort of adding the same field value every time. 

Also, if a User story is part of a Team(Board), i do not see the necessity of having the Team field to be filled for the subtask( but only required for the parent issue).

create_anotherCheckbox.PNG

Hi Jai,

I am using this Team field for reporting to identify how many user stories or sub-task each team has. But when I remove the Team name and add it back and save it is inheriting. When any user makes any updates to the subtask after that the Team values are removed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events