Structuring issue type hierarchy

Samuel Betah June 3, 2019

Hi, 

I am trying to restructure the hierarchy for my issue types. I created a new issue and I want it to flow as: Initiative - Feature - Epic - Story etc. I added the new issue to portfolio levels but when I pull the program report it does not show me issues for Initiative and features. It only shows the issues from epic level. How to I group and show hierarchy starting with Initiative - Feature etc. ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hello Samuel,

When you create a new Initiative hierarchy level and map it to an issue type, the hiearchy level should show up in the hierarchy levels in the scope view, but this issuetype is not automatically mapped to the projects in the plan so what might be going on here is if the issue type mapped to the hierarchy has not been added to the projects Issue Type Scheme that is in the on the plan it will not be visable.

Check out the issue type scheme used by the issue sources to verify all the issues types mapped to the hierarchy levels are added to a scheme used by at least one of the projects mapped to the plan, and that the project that these issue types are in are mapped to the plan via the issue sources.

Details on setting up the Hierarchy ca be seen in "How to create a new hierarchy level in Portfolio for Jira" and details on creating and mapping the issue type to be used by the portfolio hierarchy can be found in "Adding, editing, and deleting an issue type" and "Adding, editing, and deleting an issue type scheme" and Issue sources configuration can be found under "Configuring your plan issue sources"

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events