Story points disabled in portfolio

Linda Luehrmann July 22, 2016

In Portfolio,  I want to use story points for planning mode.   However on the Configure->Scheduling page the story points option button is disabled,  and I cannot select.    I cannot find out why this is.

Please help,  as only way for me to use Portfolio is if I can set it up to use story points

1 answer

3 votes
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2016

Hi Linda - this option gets disabled when you have a team set to Kanban, as for story point scheduling currently Portfolio requires the notion of a sprint and velocity. if you switch your teams to "Scrum", you should be able to switch to story points too. If your teams do Kanban but still estimate in story points, you could simply configure them to use "Scrum" with 1 week iteration length, and plan weekly. 

Mary M May 9, 2017

Hi, I had the same experience (could not use story points).  I had changed an existing plan to use a different board.  I could not use story points.  But when I deleted that plan, and made a new one, then I could use story points.  Is this normal?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events