Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show total of "original estimate" per user per sprint?

Naama Betzalel November 14, 2018

Hi,

is there any method of presenting total "Original Estimate" of all tickets per user?

(for the same sprint - assuming each user is working on different projects per sprint)

thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PADMA KOTHAKOTA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hi @Naama Betzalel,

I think you can use any of the below methods

Method1:

Create a JQL filter like assignee= xyz and sprint = abcsprint

Add "Workload Pie Chart" Gadget to the Dashboard

Set the "Time filed report on" as Original Estimate

Method2: 

Use the sumUp for Jira plugin which is similar to the Jira Filter results gadget but additionally shows the sum of your column values.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211625/sumup-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Naama Betzalel November 14, 2018

Method1is perfect!!

thank you :)

Like Inna Osadchi likes this
Ibrahim Ghalghay July 13, 2021

@Naama Betzalel 

Would you please explain the applied method in detailed steps?

Ibrahim Ghalghay July 13, 2021

@PADMA KOTHAKOTA 

Hello dear

regarding Method1, I can set the sprint name in the filter, but if I fixed the assignee name, wouldn't this return the issues for this assignee only??

how would I get the SUM of OriginalEstimate GROUP by Assignee 

?

thanks in advnace

Ibrahim

Naama Betzalel July 15, 2021

Hi,

to my best knowledge the only option is by adding a field that will represent the original team this task was for.

regards

Na'ama 

Inna Osadchi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2022

dear @PADMA KOTHAKOTA  thank you. indeed the "Workload Pie Chart" works for me, too. 

However the quick pie chart by By codefortynine GmbH returns the estimated time in seconds (e.i 28,800). any idea if this can be configured? thank you! 

Jessica Ketcham September 18, 2023

What do you do for the Statistic Type for this gadget?

0 votes
Valériane GRANGE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2023

Hi 
I don't know if this subject is still active but I would like to have a dashboard with the total "Original Estimate" of all tickets per user?

I want to be abble to determine that for this person in my team, the total "Original Estimate" is Xweek Xday and Xhour 

I'm in Kanban and do not have set the scrum/sprint in my project. 

Could you please explain me how to do that ?  

Thanks in advance :-)

This is what I'm looking for too though we do use sprints. It would also be nice if you could plug in each persons availability in hours so they could be compared to the total estimate.

0 votes
Raimundas Juska
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

You can also use a separate app for that - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219703/time-tracking-estimation-report-gadget?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Disclosure - I am the developer of this app.

Naama Betzalel November 18, 2018

thank you
we would like to avoid additional cost at this point

Can this total the original estimate per user and/or compare to what their capacity/availability is?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events