Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to have 2 Release fields in Roadmap?

Anna Poppe February 14, 2022

Is there a way to add a second Release (Version) field to the roadmap?

For example, the Release field in the Roadmap maps to the "Fix Version" field in the Jira issues view. 

In the Jiras issue view, I have also enabled the "Target Version" field. Is there a way to add it to the Roadmap? Checking the Ad Custom field section in the roadmap, I can't make out if any of the listed items maps to Target Version field.

Essentially, it doesn't need to be Target Version field in specific, I'd just like to get any second Release/Version field to the roadmap that maps to a field in the Issues view

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

Hi @Anna Poppe 

I presume your "target version" field is a custom field that you (or someone) has created? 
If that field is a free format field, then it would be deemed an unsupported custom field for an Advanced roadmap plan.

Although we can now edit the Description field, free format fields cannot be added into a plan to be selected in the fields section and used to filter on.

That said, I understand that it might be difficult to have such a field be anything but free format.

Just making assumptions, please correct me if I've headed down a wrong path.

Anna Poppe February 14, 2022

Hi @Curt Holley

In this case, the target version field refers to the same releases set up within the project as the fix version field - so I guess it's not a free format field?

Essentially, I'll create filters that show both the Fix and Target Versions (=Releases) of certain Epics. This part is the simple part.

I just like to use the Roadmap to create tickets, update release versions, sprints or dates etc - so if I could have two fields that use the releases of the project that would make updating these easier, as I spend a lot of time time in the Roadmap :D

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

OK, sounds like a "version picker" field. Which is not a supported field for AR. See:
Enable custom fields used in Advanced Roadmaps in Jira | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support

Anna Poppe February 15, 2022

Bummer!

Thanks for your help tho, much appreciated @Curt Holley !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events