• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Portfolio created Initiatives with keys with no numbers?

Hi, I've playing with Portfolio for Jira, and ran into something I don't understand.  Here's what I did:

1. Began a Portfolio for Jira trial.
  2. Created a new Portfolio Plan with inputs from three existing project boards.
  3. Created a new 'Roadmap Initiatives' (INI) project using the Agile template.
  4. Added an 'Initiative' issue type to INI.
  5. Mapped that Initiative type in the Portfolio Plan.
  6. Added the INI project to the Portfolio Plan.

So now this all seems to look, and work fine, except...

1. I used the Portfolio interface to create two new initiatives; then
  2. I used the INI board to create a third initiative

And to my surprise the third initiative has key INI-1, and first two both have key INI (with no numbers).Portfolio for Jira.png

Now if I click the two INI links and/or the INI-1 link, then the right information is shown in the right panel for each of the three initiatives. So the data is there...

My questions are:

1. are these keys-with-no-numbers normal?
  2. where is the data for those first two initiatives being stored? somewhere in the Portfolio system, or in the INI project?  (I can't see them listed anywhere outside the portfolio UI)
  3. where/how can I get deep links to those first two initiatives? (In case I want to reference them in Confluence, emails, etc)
  4. should I be avoiding the first type?
  5. how can I delete (if I want to) those first two initiatives? (Can't see any way to do it)

Thanks! :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ah, nevermind. A colleague pointed out that its because I had "uncommitted changes".  Once committed, the first two became INI-2 and INI-3.

So I guess its expected, albeit a little un-intuitive at first.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

6,617 views 25 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you