Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio 3.0 doesn't update estimates?

Jean-Francois Levesque May 29, 2019

Hello,

I have installed a Trial version of Portfolio New Interface (3.2). 

In my roadmap, if I move an issue around, it updates the Target Start and Target End fields of the associated Jira.  It does the same If I extend or shrink the expected duration of a task, but it doesn't update the time estimates of that Jira -- which is in days in my case.

Is that the expected behavior ? What is the link between logged work / remaining time / original estimates and the roadmap view?

I'm currently ending up with discrepancies as seen below:

image.png

Thanks!
JF

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Hi @Jean-Francois Levesque,

My name is Roi, and I'm a product manager in the team. 

The target dates do not relate to the estimate field, nor the logged work / remaining time / original estimates. 

If your teams are working Scrum, Target dates could be inferred by the issues' sprint assignments. I.e: If you assign an issue a future sprint (one that was created in Jira) the target dates will be updated automatically. 

More info here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/scheduling-issues-967895238.html

I hope that helps,

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

Hello, @Roi Fine !

Is it clear that portfolio 3.2. doesn`t use estimates in auto-shedulling? 

Like I wrote here - I (can`t) don`t know how to analyze estimate progress in 3.1.  Can you help? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events