Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Plan in One Program

Pepper Pancoast January 29, 2018

I was creating plans and programs to help road map out my projects to executives.

I ran into the issue where I could only associate a plan to one program.  Why would it be limited like that?  If different people managed different programs, but all cared about my singular plan, why would we limit them?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Pepper,

I can say that is by design per Creating and deleting programs:

A plan can only exist in one program at a time, which means Plan A can only be added to Program 1. If you want to add Plan A to Program 2, you'll need to remove it from Program 1 first.

Take a look at the Creating and deleting programs knowledge base article for some further ideas on how to implement plans in your environment.

In addition, please click the feedback link in any program page to send ideas and suggestions to the developers so they can take this functionality into consideration.

Cheers,

Branden

Pepper Pancoast January 29, 2018

Hey Branden, my main question is why you'd only want to have a plan associated to a single program!  I get that it's how it currently works, but it makes me wondering if I'm not using programs & plans correctly.

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Hi Pepper,

A plan is a container with multiple Jira projects.

A program is a high level view that groups multiple plans.

You could link some/all of your plans to a program and use the program view filters to see different sets pf plans.

Let me know if that works,

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events