Missing filters when using as issue source in Advanced Roadmaps

Kristin Palmer July 4, 2022

Hi ðŸ‘‹

I am trying to create an Advanced Roadmap using a Filter as the issue source. We have thousands of filters defined in our Jira instance but the drop down in Advanced Roadmaps only lists maybe ~30 filters, in alphabetical order. 

When I type the name of the filter I want to use (its not in the first 30 displayed in the list), nothing can be selected.

Why cant I see all the Jira filters? Most of our filters are set with permissions for the whole organisation, so I don't suspect its a permissions issue.

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2022

Hi @Kristin Palmer,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry you've had to wait a while for a response!

I would recommend first surrounding your search query with quotes to see if this helps.

When searching through your filters, we match on every search term in the query individually - so if your query is Test filter 123, we'll match every filter that contains "Test", "filter" or "123", not just on the filters that contain all three terms. If you surround your query in quotes, for example "Test filter 123" them you'll only get filters that contain that exact phrase. This can help a lot, especially on sites like yours with many filters to search through!

Let me know if this helps - if not I'd be happy to help troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events