Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking down a single project fix version

Yen Pham March 27, 2018

We have a team that is more waterfall in nature that's looking for a mechanism to control a fix version's scope

1. Only a chosen group (e.g. management) can adjust what goes in/out of that fix version, preferably w/ an audit trail
  2. However, other issues can be freely assigned to other fix versions

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hey Yen,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly you want to prevent the Scheduling output from calculating issues into certain fix versions - which happens when there’s free capacity in your release to add more work and you’ve issues not assigned to a release.

Unfortunately the functionality you’re looking for isn’t available for releases with a fixed end date. I suggest you vote and watch this ticket to express your interest and receive updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-1575

If you don’t mind the trade-off, a workaround may be to use Releases with ‘dynamic release date’ for those management defined releases as they will not have new scope added to it. However you lose the functionality of being able to calculate the viability of the release or display a set end date - the end date will be based on the calculated end date of your explicitly selected scope.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Rhys | Portfolio for Jira Product Management 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events