Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio - Assigning team member in plan to task does not update assignee in board

Jonas De Clerck April 29, 2019

Hi All,

I created one project with some epics and tasks. I also create a Plan, which imports the epics and tasks from the project scrum board. 

I now want to assign team members via the Plan. If i commit my changes, the assignee on the task in the project is not updated. 

I always get a warning when committing my changes in the plan: "Unable to commit the item's members/issue assignee."

The setting "Issue assignee import level" = "subtask"
The setting "Commit issue assignee" = "On"

Any ideas? :) 

1 answer

0 votes
Andrea Mendez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2019

Hi Jonas! 
The first thing that comes to my mind is do you have assign issues permission on the project from where the subtask is? Or does the user you want to assign has the assignable user permission? If any of these is the case the just change the permissions.
Hope this helps :)

Hi Andrea! 

I'm an administrator, so i have the assign issues permission. I just checked for the user that i want to assign. This user has the "assignable user" permission on the project. 

So permissions are OK i guess ... 

Andrea Mendez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2019

Thank you Andrea. But also this doesn't help :(

I added one team member manually, but I get the same warning :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events