Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio assign to calculated user but does not commit to actual issue

Ben Carter August 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Assigning issues to sprints

Hi, when using the calculate option in Portfolio for assignees the actual assignee is not updated for the issue when committing. How is this enabled?

I can assign to sprints correctly but they issues are all unassigned in the JIRA board.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2016

Hey Ben,

Good question. You can update the issue so that the team member is set as the assignee but this only works if the issue has only one team member and you manually assign them. So after a team member is calculated, you'll need to click on the team member and and select the team member. It is by design that we don't allow calculated values to be committed back to JIRA.

Note that this first behavior needs to be turn on in your plan configuration. Go to Commit of changes turn on Commit issue assignee.

Please let me know if you have any issues getting this working.

Cheers,
Rhys

Ben Carter August 10, 2016

Hi Rhys, thanks for the answer. That's what I figured was the process. It might be useful to have an optional feature that could be enabled to allow calculated assignees to be committed to JIRA. It would certainly make using Portfolio for the planning stage a much easier experience.

Thanks,

Ben

0 votes
PoflankovaM September 11, 2017

Our add-on Portfolio Toolkit allows to fixate calculated Memebers in bulk (like if you set them mannually), thus you can commit them to JIRA and then unfix members if needed.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.teamlead.jira.plugins.portfolio-toolkit/server/overview

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events