Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio 2.25.0

DPA May 31, 2019

I have created a Jira Portfolio Plan. I am able to see the master plan with updates from Jira projects. Sometimes when a PO creates a new Epic and assign stories to it in Jira Project, I don't see them reflected correctly in Jira Portfolio Plan.

For example: I created a new Epic XYZ in Jira Project and assigned two stories to it. By default Jira Project syncs up with Jira Portfolio plan. I do see the Epics but not seeing the stories under the Epic reflected in Jira Portfolio. I am able to resolve this issues by manually going to Plan-->configure--> issue resources and selecting all the projects part of plan with EPIC & Stories. This updates my Jira Portfolio plan with the missing information.

I have 3 questions:

1) Why Jira Project is not able to sync up all information with Portfolio plan( epic shows up but not story under the epic)

2) When I only select one project from the plan to update using the manual process, it deletes all the information from the plan for other 4 projects. I should be able to only update 1 project and not to impact other information

3) How can I only get 1 story synced up with Portfolio plan without impacting other portfolio plan data.  

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2019

Hi @DPA ,

1) Portfolio should automatically include all of the issues that are part of your plan's issue sources. Now if your issues are assigned to a release that was excluded, those would be excluded as well.

2) I am not sure what you mean by "select one project" but a plan only considers the issues that are part of the issue sources which means if you removes a board or project from a plan's sources then all of the board or project data will no longer be a part of the plan. It would not be recommended to frequently change issue sources.

3) Portfolio is a representation of the issues in Jira, so once the issue changes are saved in Jira it will impact any other plan that has an issue source that would be a match for this issue.

As a side note, I'd recommend you to have a look at Portfolio 3 which introduced a new, more intuitive way of planning: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Portfolio-for-Jira-articles/Portfolio-for-Jira-3-0-is-here/ba-p/1043376

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events