I have created a Jira Portfolio Plan. I am able to see the master plan with updates from Jira projects. Sometimes when a PO creates a new Epic and assign stories to it in Jira Project, I don't see them reflected correctly in Jira Portfolio Plan.
For example: I created a new Epic XYZ in Jira Project and assigned two stories to it. By default Jira Project syncs up with Jira Portfolio plan. I do see the Epics but not seeing the stories under the Epic reflected in Jira Portfolio. I am able to resolve this issues by manually going to Plan-->configure--> issue resources and selecting all the projects part of plan with EPIC & Stories. This updates my Jira Portfolio plan with the missing information.
I have 3 questions:
1) Why Jira Project is not able to sync up all information with Portfolio plan( epic shows up but not story under the epic)
2) When I only select one project from the plan to update using the manual process, it deletes all the information from the plan for other 4 projects. I should be able to only update 1 project and not to impact other information
3) How can I only get 1 story synced up with Portfolio plan without impacting other portfolio plan data.
Hi @DPA ,
1) Portfolio should automatically include all of the issues that are part of your plan's issue sources. Now if your issues are assigned to a release that was excluded, those would be excluded as well.
2) I am not sure what you mean by "select one project" but a plan only considers the issues that are part of the issue sources which means if you removes a board or project from a plan's sources then all of the board or project data will no longer be a part of the plan. It would not be recommended to frequently change issue sources.
3) Portfolio is a representation of the issues in Jira, so once the issue changes are saved in Jira it will impact any other plan that has an issue source that would be a match for this issue.
As a side note, I'd recommend you to have a look at Portfolio 3 which introduced a new, more intuitive way of planning: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Portfolio-for-Jira-articles/Portfolio-for-Jira-3-0-is-here/ba-p/1043376
Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events