JIRA Portfolio - Assigned Sprint not in the Plan

Bruno Mazzoco July 2, 2019

Hi,

We are using JIRA for managing different Scrum boards but we are handling all Scrums into same project. For this reason, we've been adding the Sprints manually so we can sync all scrums to follow the same pacing. 

As far as I understand, Portfolio could use Teams or Shared Teams capacity to calculate the plan (Sprints) based on our Release Dates. However, we won't be able to use "Auto-Schedule" before getting the backlog stablished.

Thus, we would like to assign by the PORTFOLIO what would be the Sprint to address some of the issues in the backlog. However, when we have the Sprint assigned by the PROJECT , we are getting "Assigned Sprint not in the Plan"

Question: How can we assign the Sprint into Portfolio with Sprints created manually into the project? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raathi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hi Bruno,

From Portfolio 3.5 onwards, the plan would display sprints even though if the sprint is not in the plan. Which version of Portfolio are you using?

Regards,
Raathi

Bruno Mazzoco August 2, 2019

Hi @Raathi ,

Thanks for the reply.

I think we've been using 3.5.0.

How can I double check this information? 

Thanks

Bruno Mazzoco August 5, 2019

Hi, I have double checked with the team and it is version 3.4.0. 

Thanks

Bruno Mazzoco September 5, 2019

Hi @Raathi , How can I do that?

I'm using now version 3.9.0 but could not get the Sprint value set with the project sprint.

Best,

Raathi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hi Bruno,

If your plan has scrum board as an issue source, then the sprints from those boards should appear in your plan and you can assign an issue to a sprint by clicking the sprint dropdown.

But if your plan has project as an issue source, then the sprints won't be available because the sprints belong to a board and not to a project.

But if you assign a sprint to an issue through Jira and then include that issue into a Portfolio plan, and if the sprint that is assigned to the issue is not in the plan (because you haven't included the scrum board the sprint belongs to), it will be displayed as an external sprint.

Regards,
Raathi

Like # people like this
Matt Leach February 3, 2022

If you select Sprint dates within Inferred Dates but have selected Project as your issue source (i.e., sprints not available), what dates will they default to if there's no start/end dates applied? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events