Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues showing up in portfolio without selection

Michael Mramor August 26, 2019

Hi there,

i've setup a plan where i imported 2 JQL queries as they are business projects. in addition to that i've also taken 2 boards of our development teams as source because i wanted to schedule the stories into the real sprints.

with this second source ( the 2 boards ) i am getting a lot of other issues imported which i actually do not want to see on my scope, but i've definitely selected only this 2 feature epics which include the 2 business projects.

All of the additional issues are in status done, so not influencing my plan, but the big question is why they are there?

thanks a lot for your support on this.

cheers, Mike

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Hi Michael,

Depending on the plan view there are a few different locations to look at when complete issues are displayed on a plan.  so first are you looking at the Plan in the Live plan view or the New experience view to narrow down the cause. 

But a few things to check right off the bat would be on Live plan view, Check what the Completion date filter has for its timeframe, see if it is a custom range including done issues for a long period, or if it is set to beginning of current sprint check if there is a long running open sprint that would cover the time period of the included complete issues.

In the both live plans and the new experience view for the plan, if the Completed issue has an incomplete child issue, i.e. Story is done but sub task is open, the issue will still be shown.

Also check to verify that the Issues in the done status have a resolution set, as you may be running into the scenario described here: "Resolved issues appearing in Open issues filters"

Regards,
Earl

Michael Mramor September 9, 2019

Hi Earl,

they are showing up on both views, the live plan view as well as the New experience view.

the completion date filter is set to the default which means completed within the last 30 days

they do not have any child issues as you can see from the screenshot.

But the big question to me is, why they are showing up if i do not have selected them in the scope selection when i create the plan?
i would expect that issues which are completed within the last 30days within the selected scope would be still visible but not any other item which has no relation to the selection, isn't it?

cheers, MIkeBildschirmfoto 2019-09-10 um 07.54.20.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events