Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an additional configuration step to view dependencies in the timeline?

Scott Heydorn May 14, 2018

Hi there - reading the doc I am expecting to see dependencies associated with an Epic on hover over the Initiative containing the Epic or the Epic itself with dependencies in the timeline, I see the light blue tag adjacent to the Initiative and Epic but no detail on hover. Is there an additional configuration step? Also, is there any way to modify color used for the dependency tag in the timeline view?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user May 14, 2018

Hi @Scott Heydorn,

Just to clarify, have you referred the timeline set up documentation?

Thanks

I have, this image towards the end is what i was expecting to see on hover but don't; I may still have well missed a configuration item but haven't found it in the UI or doc yet. Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 11.25.44 AM.png

Hey @Scott Heydorn,

Can you upload an image of your Portfolio Dependency configurations?

Thanks

Hey @[deleted] here is grab of the dependency config in admin (had to get our admin to grab)Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 2.13.48 PM.pngand I've selected Show: Dependencies in the Schedule Settings

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 2.14.07 PM.png

You may want to configure more issue links as there seems to be only one from the screenshot. 

Scott Heydorn May 16, 2018

sorry for the gap, had other things to work - we're going to review the issue links and try making some changes, but what seems odd to me is the dependency tag (light blue, wish could be different color) shows in the timeline and when you select an Epic with dependencies in the Scope section below timeline, the dependencies are there so portfolio recognizes the dependencies. Will get back once we try some exploratory settings. 

Scott Heydorn May 17, 2018

added dependencies in portfolio configuration but no change, can you tell me if the image below depicting dependencies when hovering over timeline item is only available via Cloud/SaaS version and we shouldn't expect to see it in Server 2.13? seems an odd feature not to be available on server but that might be our problem based on toggling the doc Cloud/ServerScreen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.13.27 PM.png

Scott Heydorn May 24, 2018

Just want to bubble this back up in the event anyone can confirm the dependency view in the Cloud doc is not available on current version of server platform? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events