Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set team capacity by sprint?

Rob Birkland February 7, 2019

Example, if my full teams capacity is 30 points.   Say 2 team members are on vacation during the sprint.  i would want the velocity to be 25 points that sprint. 

Would also be great to control hours available per resource by sprint.  

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2019

Hi, Rob

Portfolio tries to schedule work as early as possible without violating the capacity limit of the resources. The Scheduling algorithm assigns work, taking into account team members' weekly availability and the amount of work to be completed. 

You can configure the capacity in step 4 of the plan creation, or by going to the Team section and configuring the team members availability and capacity.

Let me know if this helps!

Gabi

Atlassian Team

Rob Birkland February 9, 2019

Thank you for the reply.  I did see how to change team member's availably by hours or points.  That provides a low to medium planning accuracy and it assumes the same value to all future sprints. 

What would be great is to allow a team to manage the availability by sprint and plan into the future.  Manage capacity by point or hours at the iteration level.  This would allow JIRA Portfolio to align with Safe PI Planning.

We currently do this out side of JIRA Portfolio and planning predictability is much higher then the Scheduling algorithms.  Would be a great future enhancement to Portfolio.  If the application is capacity aware, then it also opens up many other metrics and benefits to the team.    

Please let me know if you need any additional information.   

Like # people like this
Karl Hamilton August 15, 2020

Hello I am having the same issue.  We have Advanced portfolio on Jira cloud & tried changing the Future capacity from the timeline as Atlassian suggested in documentation but it can’t be edited.

i also put in the vacation for my resource in September but it still allows tasks to be assigned to him in September with no Specific warning Or block.

please can we have an urgent solution? All future sprints are not the same capacity and it needs to be editable either manually (points) or via vacation relative points availability.

Like # people like this
william m apken November 25, 2022

If this still a problem?   I want to use the future capacity with my teams having different capacity per sprints.

Like moniquebakker likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events