Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save the selected Hierarchy levels in a view (Basic or other)

Eric C August 23, 2022

Every time I load a Roadmap Plan (or refresh the current Plan) the Hierarchy levels are reset. From <Highest> to <Lowest>. Which is pretty annoying as it loads basically ALL the tickets, even if I only want t subset of them.

Assuming I have a hierarchy with 6 levels, and I only want to focus on <Level 3> to <Level 4>, after a refresh or at initial load of the Plan, it will be reset to: <Level 1> to <Level 6>. Ie, it will increase the loading time and I always have to re-select the wanted levels. Frustrating!

Anyway I could set/force those hierarchy levels in the url?
Could a cache feature be implemented?

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Eric C -

In AR plan (Cloud env), you can configure your plan (i.e. display only from Epic to Subtask etc..), then you can save it to a new view.  When you access the plan again, you can just switch it to your saved view.

In the URL (the "vid is the view ID") example -

https://yourcompany.atlassian.net/jira/plans/3/scenarios/3?vid=13#plan/backlog

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Eric C August 24, 2022

Actually I realized that if I let it run long enough, it would eventually change automatically from Level 1 to 6, to the selection I had saved in my view, ie Level 3 to 4. Previously, I would update manually the selection again as it showed 1 to 6 and took for ages to load all tickets.

Thanks for answering.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Eric C -

If my suggestion helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events