How to revert back the changes which is done through auto-schedule (Advance Roadmap)

vivek.yadu February 9, 2021

Hello all, 

I did perform auto-schedule action through advance roadmap option. Resulting I have messed up with my current sprint. Some of the time which is marked as "Done" or "In-Progress" or "In-Sprint"  has been removed from the current sprint. 

Can anyone guide me on this one, Is there any way I can restore the status. 

Appreciate your help. 

Best Regards,

Vivek Yadu

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2021

Hello @vivek.yadu ,

There are two stages where you can undo the schedule changes.

First when you select "Auto-Schedule > Preview results" you can select Cancel if the preview does not line up with the desired outcome.

Next, if you had selected "Accept changes"  instead of canceling in the step above you can again revert changes by selecting the "Review changes" option and either deselecting individual changes via the checkboxes before committing to the rest of the changes you did want to be applied or you can choose "Discard selected changes", to undo all changes that were applied and staged to be committed.

Beyond this, if you have committed the changes they are applied and the only option at this point is to manually review individual issue history items to walk back any unwanted changes, by adding the issues back to the sprint.  However, as the removal was committed the issues will display as scope creep and be displayed as Issues removed from sprint, and affect the overall estimations.

The best course of action is to close out the accidentally modified sprint and then start a new sprint cycle, with a manually sprint planning session compensating for the error, and adjust for future planning efforts to get back on track.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events