• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to hide completed issues and bugs from portfolio when using a board filter as a source?

Hi there,

I have an issue with Portfolio where I want to remove bugs from the portfolio plan. Obviously they're in the board's filter as they're needed to be shown on the backlog, but don't want them to show in the scope in the plan (issues without parents).

If I use a derived filtered, ommitting these issues, then Portfolio doesn't know about the sprints.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Tyler Brown Community Leader Oct 18, 2018

Hey Sam,

Can you ensure that the completed issues have a resolution set?

Also if you are using Sprints then the completed issues will stay in view until that Sprint has been closed.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Thanks!

Does that mean if I include only unresolved issues, resolved issues will still appear in the sprint once complete?

Thanks

Hey Sam,

Setting a resolution just lets jira and Portfolio know that the issue has been completed properly.

If you included only unresolved issues in your portfolio filter they would still show up in the Sprints, however they will fall off of your plan once the Sprint has been closed, so as long as you regularly open/close Sprints they should resolve naturally over time.

Does that answer your question?

Not really. Sorry

Completed bugs are being brought in to portfolio because the board filter includes resolved issues.  By adding that clause means the done items drop out of the current sprint when completed.

That leaves me with the same problem, how do i exclude bugs (which are issues without epics) from PF whilst using the sprints from the board source?

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Sam

Think I've got it.

Can you double check that those Completed bugs currently showing up in Portfolio have a resolution? 

Yes they do.

If I omit those with resolution (resolution is EMPTY) i lose completed issues from the agile board.

Are they in an active Sprint?

Sorry, @Tyler Brown replied as answer.

Yes, they are in active sprint. But not included is resolution is not EMPTY is included in the board's filter.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Sam

Tyler Brown Community Leader Oct 19, 2018

The problem is that they're in an active Sprint.

Portfolio keeps things visible in the plan until a Sprint closes, even if it's been completed.

You'll either need to close out your Sprint and start a new one (which you should do regularly anyways) or move the bugs out of the Sprint.

Yes, they are

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

Introducing Advanced Roadmap’s new dependency report

To see this feature in action check out our recent dependencies demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu5VsUqyZA Keeping on top of your dependencies is a key part of ensuring project success....

128 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you