Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Epics to appear nested under Initiatives in JIRA Advanced Roadmaps

aiden September 1, 2020

We have figured out how to add 'Initiative' as an issue type, correctly configured the hierarchy, and assigned a Parent Link field to allow Epics to be linked to Initiatives.

However, when viewing the Initiative in Advanced Roadmaps, we do not see Epics nested / expandable the same way we are used to seeing a Story nested under an Epic.  Anyone else run into this issue?  

1 answer

0 votes
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2020

Hey @aiden ,

Did you make sure the epics linked to your initiative are included in the plan's issue sources? Only issues within the defined issue sources of the plan will be visible in the plan.

You can check out video #2 in this post I made for more details.

I hope this helps,

Roi

aiden September 2, 2020

Hey Roi, unfortunately the link you added does not seem to be active. Do you mind resharing?

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2020
aiden September 14, 2020

Hey, so turns out it was definitely due to not including the sources.

- While all the correct projects were included, some of the issues/epics were from specific (old) releases that I originally did not include to try and keep things a bit cleaner.  

Appreciate the help! 

Like Roi Fine likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events