Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom reports in JIRA

ruchi dubey August 21, 2018

hi Team,

I am aware that there is automated report for Jira that can be scheduled by creating subscription, but I need custom columns in that. LIke Created and updated date in Jira can give me one more column open days for the ticket. Is it possible. Please help on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Hi Ruchi

You can customize the columns of your filter to specify what kind of info you want to receive by subscription. Open your filter, click the Cog icon and pick Configure Columns. Then pick the Columns you want to display and set them in the desired order. Thos settings will be saved together with the filter.

ruchi dubey August 22, 2018

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for responding back.

I think i did not frame my question correctly, My bad.

I can select the column which I want but what I can not do is manipulation of those columns.

Example, I can see there is a column "Created Date" but based on this I need to add another column which should be "Open for # of Days".

Also I am not able to get the report in proper format in the email.

Please also suggest me in getting proper HTML format report.

Thanks and Regards,

Ruchi

Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2018

Hi Ruchi

The column you can add has to be a valid field for your Jira project. Do you have field "Open for # of Days" in your Jira project? Jira out of box does not support such a field, you can add a custom field and then using "script runner" to specify the behavior of it, for example, number of days the issue has been opened.

Alternatively, if you were just concern about issues that opened beyond X number of days, a simpler method is to use a JQL like "created < endOfDay(-X) ", which returns the issue created before X days from today.

I am not quite familiar with Subscription format either, but I found this one, hope it help:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Customise-JIRA-Subscription-Format/qaq-p/423794

ruchi dubey August 23, 2018

"The column you can add has to be a valid field for your Jira project. Do you have field "Open for # of Days" in your Jira project? " - Can I create a column in my project?

Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2018

Hi Ruchi

I guess you were asking how to add a custom field into your project? 

Yes, but you do need to have Jira Admin permission.

Please refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-a-custom-field-938847222.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events