Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we visually roll up story points on the initiative level (Our highest configured issuetype)

Steve Josue June 24, 2022

How do we visually roll up story points to the initiative level (Our highest configured issuetype)? ie: We need to see rollup (accumulated) as they roll up from a Story to Epic and then up to Initiative level? We also would like to see roll up of hours from sub-task all the way up to Initiative. Maybe for the hours we add time tracking to Epics and Initiatives. But the story point rollup I am confused as how to configure this.

Any links to documentation would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Josue

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2022

Hi @Steve Josue

To see a rollup of story points from Stories up to Initiatives there are a couple of settings that need to be configured.

1. Ensure your plan is configured to use Story Points for estimation. You can do this by clicking on the "3 dot" menu button next to your plan name, then selecting "Configure". From here you want to navigate to the "Scheduling" tab, then select "Story Points" from the Estimate Issues In bullet menu.

2. Ensure you have Roll Up turned on in your view settings. You can do this by returning to the standard Plan view, selecting "View settings", then checking the "Others" check box in the Roll Up section.

From here you should be able to see your story point estimations rolling up from Stories to Epics, and then from Epics to Initiatives. I've included a screenshot to show you what it should look like!

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.02.57.png

As for your question about rolling up hours, are you using both Story Points and Time Estimates to estimate your issues? Unfortunately Advanced Roadmaps can only operate in Story Points or Time Estimates - it's not able to work with both simultaneously. 

Let me know if you have any issues and I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot further.

Cheers,

Daniel

Steve Josue June 30, 2022

Daniel,

This was some unexpected, awesome help. We build a rollup plan for Velocity and then another one for hours and they worked great!!

Thank you!!

-Steve Josue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events