How can I view cross-projects releases on a timeline?

nph September 30, 2019

Hi everyone,

How can I view clearly cross-projects releases -defined in Portfolio- on a timeline?

Thanks

Nghia

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2019

Hello Nghia,

Thanks for reaching out to the community and welcome.

To get a better view on the issues in a particular release you can use the Plan's filter options to show only issues in the cross project release.  When setting the filter the cross project releases will be categorized under a header for easy identification, followed by the project specific releases like this:

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 2.05.00 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

nph October 9, 2019

Thanks Earl. Unfortunately this is not exactely what I’m asking for.

I would like to specifically view the cross-project releases (name and date) on the TIMELINE. Is it possible?

Currently the best I can have is a vertical line on the timeline for each cross-project releases but with no name on each vertical. So it's hard to know which is which.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2019

Hello Nghia,

Ok, Got ya and thanks for the clarification, and this can partially be done, just not as a single entity. 

First the release dates are not able to be shown on the timeline directly in a location like a field per issue due to the dynamic options avaliable for releases which would clutter up the timeline with excess details.  So to get the better view of the Release details from the Roadmap tab looking at the Verticals you mentioned, if you click the dot at the top of the timeline, when selected it displays details on which release is scheduled for that date, so you do not have to switch back to the release tab for the additional details, EXE in the following screenshots of the overview and drilling down into the overview details, noting Cross project releases are taged with a grey box next to the name to call them out as a cross project release and make identification eaiser:

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.56.26 PM.png  AND Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 4.57.42 PM.png

For the name portion this can be isolated for easier identification using the "View Settings" options and setting the "Group By" filter to "Release", under this view the issues are collected and nested under each release and again there is a Grey Box next to the release and they will then show the groupings and cross project releases like this:

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 1.42.41 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events