Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add the Description column to my view?

Jennifer Kurtz September 11, 2020

Description is not an option in the Fields LOV. We have a lot of information there, so I'd like to include it in my plan. How can I make it display?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

@Jennifer Kurtz - In my opinon - In portfolio plan, mutli-line text fields are not available because if it is displayed (due to the content), then the plan will be difficult to read as there are many issues listed in the plan typically. so more scrolling up and down will be required when viewing the plan.  In our usage of this tool, we always stress the importance on making the issue summary to contain key information to our Jira user communities.

Currently, multi-line text fields are not supported in the plan.  Unless Atlassian decide to provide it in the interface in the future.

You can find the listing of supported data types via the following Atlassian's links -

Cloud - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/configuring-custom-fields-941618971.html

Server - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/custom-fields-967895171.html

Hope this helps.  

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Angus Russell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2020

Great answer @Joseph Chung Yin !

We are currently exploring how we might be able to overcome some of the issues you raised, because we do see value in allowing users to view and edit the description without leaving the plan. This is still in the exploration phase so there's no real timeline yet, but we'll count this thread as a vote for the feature :)

Enrico Pola
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2022

@Angus Russell Hi, will it be possible to add a column with a flag if description is present? That would help a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events