cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finish to Finish dependencies

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Is there a means of representing a "Finish-to-Finish" dependency in AR?  Right now all I seem to see is the "Blocks" dependency which seems to be aligned with a "Finish-to-Start" perspective and doesn't provide great insight into parallel efforts that we typically need to track.

Am I just missing something?  or is this not currently a supported concept?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Aaron Gage 

If you go to AR advanced configuration you can set he dependency based on the Jira issue links where you can select other link type but irrespective of the name of the link (blocks or depends on or whatever) AR will schedule dependent tasks after the end date and I don't think you can use AR dependencies to represent FF tasks. May be to represent them on the plan you can set them same release or have them under one group.

Ravi

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

And there is a way to configure dependency at the plan level. If you want to have them scheduled one after another or concurrent. This is not issue specify though.

I hope it helps.

Like Aaron Gage likes this
Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ Thanks, that probably gets me one step closer, will have to talk to our admin about configuring it that way.  Would still love to have some more control over the dependency options as we largely use them to highlight at risk dependencies vice any sort of automated scheduling.  This just means, seeing a "red circle" doesn't necessarily mean there is an issue to address.

Thanks for the feedback!

razzi June 7, 2021

Ravi, how to bring the AR ( advanced roadmaps ) to my site.

I looked under new apps, I don't find it.

Like Aaron Gage likes this
Jeanne Higgins August 9, 2021

Ravi Sagar you stated "And there is a way to configure dependency at the plan level. If you want to have them scheduled one after another or concurrent. This is not issue specify though."  How do you do this in Advance Road Maps?  I need to schedule a Start to Start depedency and I don't se how to do it in Advanced RM?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events