Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed an advanced roadmap into confluence with Jira cloud not working

Philippe Simonin June 16, 2020

I am using Jira Cloud, and advanced roadmap.

When trying to install the app 

Advanced Roadmaps for Jira in Confluence

I get an error message "https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221237/advanced-roadmaps-for-jira-in-confluence?hosting=datacenter&tab=support cannot be installed on this Cloud instance.".

Can we not install this app on a cloud instance? What is the solution or workaround to share a roadmap on a confluence page.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

The link you provided indicates that this is a Data Center product. If you check the hosting options dropdown, you'll see that this particular plugin is only available for Server and Data Center, not Cloud. So you will not be able to use this plugin in a Cloud instance.

2020-06-16 17_36_02-Advanced Roadmaps for Jira in Confluence _ Atlassian Marketplace - Vivaldi.pngI believe I read somewhere that there is work in progress to allow this natively in Cloud, but don't quote me on that.

Philippe Simonin June 16, 2020

THanks a lot.

3 votes
Deleted user June 24, 2020

I did it this way using an iframe. Click on Share > Embed on the roadmap and copy the URL into the iframe macro in the cloud version of Confluence.

dinesh.ck October 12, 2020

This worked. Thanks!!!

Like Deleted user likes this
Philippe Simonin October 12, 2020

thank you, worked with iframe too :)

Like Deleted user likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2020

That's interesting! Do you get an actual full-page view of the roadmap? I just tried, and all I see, even when I use the full-width format of the iframe gadget, is a small thumbnail of the full Jira page (not just the roadmap, but the top left corner, with the app switcher and menus). I also don't have an Embed option under Share; just Copy Link.

This is my actual roadmap in my Jira project:

2020-10-13 11_48_27-PHTP Default Board - Roadmap - Jira - Vivaldi.png

This is the Share options:
2020-10-13 11_49_10-PHTP Default Board - Roadmap - Jira - Vivaldi.png

This is what I see when pasting the copied link into the iframe gadget in Confluence:2020-10-13 11_50_42-Roadmap embed - Esther Strom [ACP-JA] - Confluence - Vivaldi.png

Philippe Simonin October 13, 2020

on my end, by setting manual parameters on width and height, it fixes the issue (e.g. 1500, 1500).

Deleted user October 13, 2020

Hi Esther, that's very strange, this is what the Share options look like.  Irrespective, all the Embed option does is give you the html for the iframe, which is irrelevant because you want to use the iframe macro on your Confluence page.  Just paste the report link in the URL box.  For some insane reason, you can't set a percentage height for an iframe, so I found that putting display: block; height: 85vh in the Styles option of the iframe macro and 100% width displayed the best.

Screenshot 2020-10-14 083709.png

Like Esther Strom likes this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2020

@[deleted] my mistake; I was misreading this the entire time. I was looking at the new Roadmap view in an individual project, not the roadmap that's part of the product formerly known as Portfolio. We have a team currently looking to embed project-level roadmaps in Confluence, so that's where my head was. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events