Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date vs Target date reporting

Chris Rice February 24, 2022

Hi Community

Disappointed that the Advanced roadmap reporting can't display actual vs targeted on the Gantt chart, this is pivotal to drive conversations around Programmes of work in a portfolio with any stakeholders. If there is a way can someone help ?

1 answer

0 votes
AMIT GULATI February 25, 2022

@Chris Rice Hey Chris, Welcome to the community! I have 2 questions before I can answer

1. The heading mentions due date while description says actual date. They are different in my view. Also, you can specify whether you want to use due date or target date and i dont believe both can be used for gantt chart

2. What is the purpose of showing actual vs target date on the gantt?

There is an option of showing warning if issue is still incomplete beyond the due or target date.

Chris Rice February 25, 2022

Hey Amit, thanks for the response.

Not sure if we use Actual date in our environment, in essence when you have a roadmap of projects with target start and end dates, they inevitably creep due to issues, sometimes that creep can be significant..

In products like MS Project you can overlay both the Target Dates and Actuals to explain if an Issue (Project) is running to time or delayed and go into root cause analysis. At the moment you can only Gannt either of the dates

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events