Converting story points to days in New Interface

Campbell Purvis January 27, 2020

Hi. 

Is there any way of setting a story point to days conversion rate within the Portfolio new Improved Interface?

In the original interface, I can select Advanced Settings > Issue Sources > 'Convert SP in to Days".

If I cannot do this in the Improved Interface, how are story points converted to reflect day estimates? I am using Kanban board sources.

Many thanks, Cam

1 answer

0 votes
Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Campbell Purvis

I am having trouble telling if I am using the new interface.  However, I did recently start using this (in December) so I am tempted to assume this is the case. 

I am able to do something similar by:

1. Clicking on the ellipses (...) in the upper left corner, next to the plan name
  2. Click Configure
  3. Click Issue Sources
  4. Click Advanced Settings (next to the issue source you want this to affect)
  5. Toggle Convert Story Points to Hours

I am also tempted to assume that because I have my project set up for Hours (instead of Days) under Scheduling > Planning Mode, that this affects the verbiage used in the final step above. 

I hope this is helpful! 

Campbell Purvis January 29, 2020

Hi Bridget, thanks for your reply. Alas, you are referring to the the original interface which I am using. The New Interface does not have this configuration.

Like Bridget Maloney likes this
Bridget Maloney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Dang, I'm sorry @Campbell Purvis

Good luck!  I guess this means I should figure out how I'm supposed to use the new interface so I can learn in there rather than find certain features missing later on, heh :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events