Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Issue Type, is now asking me for a 2 step Move Process. How can I revert to instant change?

petru bumbar April 4, 2023

Change Issue Type option for an issue type used to be instant. Now its asking me for a 2 step Move Process. How can I revert to instant change without the approval process? Please if anyone can help me with this?
f1 (2).png
f1 (1).png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

This happens if the two issue types are using different workflows, the only time you get the instant change is if both issue types are associated with the same workflow.

Thank you very much, I'll check which issue type had his workflow changed.

If possible is there a way to see if different workflows are in use? I see the same one for all issue types.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

If you go to Project settings > Workflows you should see all the workflows used and which issue types are associated with each workflow. 

Like petru bumbar likes this
petru bumbar April 5, 2023

I'm working on a Software Project (type),
All issue types are on the same workflow.
I went into Issue Types -> Edit Workflow and its the same workflow for all 10 different issue types.

But I still get the issue where if I try to instant change I need to do the verification.
Thank you for all the help.
PSettings.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

It's fields as well as workflows by the way.

petru bumbar April 6, 2023

Fields?
Issue fields - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/issue-fields-and-statuses-938847116.html#Issuefieldsandstatuses-Issuefields

These ones or others?

Also if these ones, what kind of change in fields could prompt this action? I'm asking so I know where, how to check for each issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2023

All of your field configurations need to be the same.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events