Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find cross project menu in jira

yuna June 2, 2020

Hi guys, i was trying to find cross project release menu on jira, anybody could help navigate my way

I attached my current view 

I'm not using portfolio btw. 

please helpScreen Shot 2020-06-02 at 19.22.39.png

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Hi @yuna  - By default in Jira, releases (versions) belong to each project only (project specific).  Just like components.  In Portfolio for Jira, you can roll up your project's EPICs to Initiative, where you can use Initiative to associate with specific releases.  Those releases of Initiative can then act like cross projects releases.

In our env, our Initiatives are in a separate Jira project where all other DevOps projects roll up their EPICs to the Initiatives.  The releases in this separate project serve as the cross projects releases.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Hi @yuna

cross-project releases aren't a default Jira functionality.

You can work with them in Portfolio for Jira or you need to use some of the apps on Atlassian marketplace that solves this problem https://marketplace.atlassian.com/cloud-cross-project-releases

Are you trying to get only the list of all releases in the instance or use releases across multiple projects?

yuna June 13, 2020

Hi @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ thank you for answering, i am trying to use one release across multiple projects. 

0 votes
yurikudin January 31, 2021

Hi @yuna ,

I might be late with my answer but I would like to suggest another alternative which can solve your problem.

We have created Release management add-on for Jira data centre and Jira cloud which helps to create cross-project versions in Jira. It also can help to synchronize versions between multiple projects and compose packages of multiple versions.

Out of the box, there are a few more handy features, such as:

• Release Reports
  • Automated Release Notes+ Integration with Confluence
  • Custom version workflow 
  • Environments and deployment tracking.

Hope it will help you to automate daily release routines.

Thanks,

Yuri

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events